As you probably already know by now (I think I have mentioned it a few times on this blog), Peter and I purchased a timeshare back in 2011.
Our timeshare is located in Kissimmee, FL, but with it, we have the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world--meaning that we don't only have go to FL to use it. As you also know, we have recently used our timeshare to travel to Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, and our home site in Kissimmee (twice now). With the recent loss of Peter's job, we are uncertain of our travel plans for this year, but are hoping to get back to our favorite state in the country again this fall :).
The reason for my post about our timeshare is that I wanted to share with you that we receive lots of discounts for our friends and family throughout the year.
I wanted to share a little about what those opportunities look like, in case anyone might be interested or know someone who is.
When our "friends and family" deals come up (about 4 times a year), this is generally what you can expect to see:
- Trips to either Las Vegas (with $100 or more for dining/gaming) or Kissimmee, FL (with 2 free Disney tickets or $100 or more for dining).
- 3-4 night stays, sometimes with the option of adding a night for an extra $100.
- In Las Vegas, you would typically get a 1 bedroom suite and in FL you would get a 2 bedroom suite.
- Both resorts are very updated, with full kitchens and washer/dryers. Both resorts also have pools and kids activities.
- The cost of this is generally right around $199 +tax (which is quite a great deal at these awesome resorts).
- I also wanted to mention that you can book your trips out 6 months in advance.
-The only "catch" is that you must attend a 90-minute sales presentation (with on site childcare provided for free).
2 years ago when we went down to FL with Uncle Mark, he used this deal and it worked out great for all of us (since we got to tag along, under his name). He attended the sales presentation early in the morning and was back quickly.
I just wanted to share this information with you, in case anyone is ever interested. Peter and I don't gain anything by having our friends and family take advantage of these deals, they just simply go to waste if they are not used--it's not a big deal.
Please, please let us know if this sounds interesting to you or anyone you know, as we would love to be able to share with you!
Florida sounds great on a cold day like today for sure (except I just heard even they got a little snow recently).